Friday 8 June 2012

March WMS Christmas Card Challenge Finished

Another 6 cards finished for Christmas.  The Challenge for March was Blue and Brown.  Not much of a challenge as I love this colour combination.
I thought I would try using the gorgeous Paris Nouveau stamp set which complements the Labels 25 from Spellbinders.
I didn't have any suitable background paper so I created this background by embossing with the Swiss Dots embossing folder (from Cuttlebug) and inking the raised ares with brown ink.  I got a bit fed up with this embossing folder only being able to emboss A6 cards so I modified it so I can emboss continuously.  I've cut one of the sides off so that it finishes with the dots and doesn't have a border.  I can now line up the card to continue the embossing - as you can see this card is wider than A6 but you'd have to look very hard to see where the join is.
The brown card was from a Zeeman Card Blanks/Envelopes set and I stamped the label with a light blue pigment ink and embossed with Blue Pearl (from the Heritage Stamp Company).
The greeting (from the Compliments of the Season set), was stamped on the same blue card as the background, cut using a spellbinders circle and partially embossed (top and bottom) with the Swiss Dots as per background.  The left side of the card looked a little empty and thought these Fleur de Lys corner elements from Spellbinders might fit the bill - can't say I'm disappointed.  I didn't have any brown ribbon so I cut strips from one the envelopes in the Zeeman set and used it to set off the label.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you !!!