Tuesday 10 July 2012

More than Words

I made this card for Simon's speech pathologist, to thank her for all the work she has done with him throughout the year.
Again my Paris Nouveau set was put to use, for the Merci, the border strip, the label and the flower spray.  Crafty Individuals CI-258 (it seemed perfect for a speech therapist) was stamped onto an alcohol inked background.  I tried to replicate a coral/pink alcohol inked background I made previously, but the colours were too warm so I ended up going for a brown/orange combination rather than coral/pink card.
I used Waltzing Mouse Sketch 105 as inspiration for the design of the card.  As you can see the little circle on the upper left was not part of the sketch, but I wanted to add this locket which has a picture of Simon inside. It seemed to need some form of a mount and the mount didn't look balanced within the panel.  Behind the locket it reads "More than Words".  I'm not entirely happy with it but I had to deliver it first thing this morning so I had no time to tweak it.

10 comments:

  1. very nice card! And those colors together! Love from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate,
    I love how you personalized this card with Simon's picture inside the locket. That is such a neat idea and I'm sure she will love it!! Super color combo & love that stamp set. :)
    Thanks for leaving me a sweet comment. I 've enjoyed browsing your blog and decided to be become lucky follower #3.
    See ya soon,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely keepsake for Simons speech therapist! The card is beautiful, I love the color and the locket is a lovely reminder of the difference made in your child's life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an elegant card - love the colours you've used. I really like the sweet locket - such a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so beautiful, the colors and the sweet message behind the locket. What a wonderful card and keepsake that I am sure will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  6. super adorable card, so glad you played along with us at WM....have a great week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card K as usual you've put together something totally perfect. See you at the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the color combo. It looks coral/brown! Wonderful touch of locket with Simons' pic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that coral color just pops with the chocolate brown! Love the way the label coordinates with the patterned paper and that charm is so beautiful! So glad you could play along with the WMSC this week :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so pretty...love the contrasting colours.
    I'm sure the lucky recipient will have been impressed.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!