Tuesday 14 August 2012

WMS110 - A Fine Mess




Isn't this a great sketch this week at the Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge.   My eye was drawn to 2 things on the sketch - the bow (aargh I struggle with them) and the spots.  It may have been the placement of the little Waltzing Mouse watermark just below them - but I saw ink splodges in those spots.
Unable to put that idea aside, I pulled out my calligraphy themed stamps and came up with this little card for my mother-in-law who is both an avid and accomplished calligrapher.
The sentiment is from one of my latest WMS sets - Compact Sentiments which fitted very nicely into this border stamp from the Fancy Phrases set which coordinates perfectly with the Fancy Tags from Spellbinders.
The pen and ink pot are from Cherry Pie Art Stamps, and the calligraphy block is from Writing Set from Clearly Impressed.
The green/blue background was created using Pool, Sailboat and Lemonade (Willow may also have featured as well) Adirondack Alcohol Inks.
The border strip I picked up on my last trip to Sydney.  It comes in a roll and is adhesive backed.  You can't see from the photo but it's velour-like - lovely to touch.
I was thinking of stamping some ink splodges but decided the black crystals would serve the purpose and lend some elegance at the same time - a fine mess !

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Kate. Love this color combination! Thanks for playing along with the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge this week. It's a fabulous addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a fine mess!!!love the greens/blues and black!! The border from Fancy Phrases is perfect with the sentiment! Your MIL will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card for your mother in law - she will appreciate all the effort put into this one! The background is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that blue-green with the black accents! She will just love it!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!