Friday 4 January 2013

Secret Santa Holiday Card Exchange



I entered in a Secret Santa Holiday Card Exchange at Waltzing Mouse Stamps this Christmas and received this exquisite Christmas card from Antje in the Black Forest region of Germany.  
I love the subtlety of the cream on white, and the wonderful distressed look of the card and then there's those dinky little red bells on those lovely leaping reindeer.  I think my favourite bit though is that embossed strip mounted across the middle.  Beautiful to see and touch.
Sorry if the photo is too dark.  I've been experimenting a lot but I'm afraid this was the best full shot of the card.  Here are some close ups of the card - 







Thank you Antje !

And if you would like to see the card I sent to Renee in the U.S., she has it up on her blog here


4 comments:

  1. I just love this card from Antje - what a wonderful design with the Christmas story behind the pretty Yonder Star stamped panel with the sweet reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty - love the poem with the sweet deer and the Yonder Star panel is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty Christmas card. The deer are shaded so nicely, as is the banner. Your ornament card was wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you liked it Kate and I am glad it reached you safe! Hope you enjoyed your secret Santa as much as I did! Me too I had problems linking my received card, I had problems with blogger and then it was too late, but I am glad you gave me a comment and I could find your blog! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!