Wednesday 3 April 2013

A Green Tea Party

I fell in love with this Tea Tree stamp from Crafty Individuals but for some reason it's been sitting in my box for ages waiting to be inked up.  I thought a birthday card for my tea loving best friend Maggie would be a good time to finally put it to use.
I was lucky enough to find a piece of glossy card I had inked up earlier with green and gold alcohol inks - perfect for an Irish lass, and I found this green tartan in a Papermania Capsule Collection 8x8 paper pack.
Combined with a greeting from the new WMS Folk Art Label 25 set, a flower and leaves from the WMS Folk Art Medallion set, and a Tessatina Border cut from a piece of the same card stock used for the Tea Tree panel, this card came together fairly quickly.
I felt the font on this greeting was crying out for some little gems, and I added some larger ones to the border.
I love working with green at this time of year - it reminds me of spring, which I am hoping is not too far off now.

1 comment:

  1. Very nicely done...I like the colors that you used!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!