Wednesday 15 May 2013

Shedding some light




I added this little set from WMS to my shopping basket last month.  Called Light of the World, it has nine stamps of inspirational quotes and sentiments in a beautiful Script hand.  I thought it would be useful for Simon's little friend Niamh who makes her 1st Holy Communion next month, plus it was only £9.35 and it got me over the free shipping threshold so it was well worth it.
Anyway it was sitting in my box waiting to be used "down the line" when a friend of mine asked if I would make a card for her prayer partner.  After going through some of my stamps - she decided on these two beautiful quotes from Light of the World and when I showed her the Opera Tag Stamps and die cuts she oooh-ed and aaah-ed (as I did when I first saw them).  Then we went through light sources and she loved the sunset image from My Island - though this proved a little tricky to incorporate.
Her friend has the most lovely shade of red hair - a strawberry blonde, so that influenced my choice of colours.  After searching through my stash of papers I couldn't find the right shade of pale orange or pale yellow, so I created my own "DP" using WMS Cabin Plaid Backgrounder and Lemonade Adirondack Dye Ink.  I created a plaid background for the second card but it was too busy with the sunset strip, so I just opted for die cut borders (positive and negative of the large border die from Persian Accents) and lace, distressed with the same ink I stamped with - Peach Bellini (a pretty good match for her friend's gorgeous hair).

Finally I came up with these cards and she loved them both.  Another friend has put in an order for some sympathy cards so I can see this little set coming out again soon.



If you're having trouble reading the second sentiment, there's nothing wrong with your eyes or your glasses - I double stamped the sentiment to create a shadow effect.    My camera obviously had trouble focussing on it as well.  This was the best photo I could manage in the pretty dismal weather we have at the moment (again) - it's not so difficult to read in real life.

Thank you for your kind comments - they really make my day and I would love to see samples of your work as well !!!

1 comment:

  1. Really pretty cards Kate - I'm sure your friend will be thrilled. Strange how things just fall into your WMS shopping basket to reach the free postage threshold eh? Seems to happen to me a lot!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!