Thursday 6 June 2013

A Little Tartan goes a long way !

I made this card for my Scottish friend Ruth.  She has just returned from a trip to the west coast of the USA and Canada, so a travel themed card seemed appropriate.
Using Shell Pink, Salmon, Sandal and a touch of Watermelon alcohol inks, I created another polished stone look background which I then overstamped with a variety of travel themed stamps.
The Birthday Wishes stamp is from the WMS Fancy Phrases set and the label was cut with the French Frills die set from Spelbinders.  It had that luggage tag look to me and this sentiment was a perfect fit.  I added a little pink grossgrain ribbon to attach it the background.
The little butterfly was a freebie with the Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine.  I have fallen ever so slightly in love with it's pretty detail and am now surrounded by butterflies in various bright colours - they make me feel happy.
Not sure if it's obvious from the photo but I overlayed this butterfly on a Sizzix Mini Butterfly (Movers and Shapers) to help it pop more.


1 comment:

  1. You can't help but love a bit of tartan. I love your card, great background.x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!