Friday 26 July 2013

Belated Bird-day Card


A Belated Bird-day card for my dear friend Michaela - so belated these birds have all flown the nest LOL!
The DPs I used to cut the grass and birds were very thin and I wanted to add them on dimensionals, so I adhered them before cutting to some heavier weight cardstock with Pritt.  The grass was cut with Marianne D. Icicles die for the longer grass and a Martha Stewart edge punch for the shorter grass.  The birds were cut with the Memory Box Meadow Bird die.
The nest and branch were constructed by using some of the elements in the Spellbinders Cherry Blossoms die set and trimming them where necessary.
The sentiment stamp is from Waltzing Mouse Stamps Fancy Phrases Set.
I inked the background using a cloud cut with one of the Memory Box Marshmallow Clouds and some Broken China Distress Ink.
I'm entering this into the Seize the Birthday Linky Party.  As I write there are 232 cards entered in this challenge, so if you want some inspiration for your next birthday card you need look no further !


While adding the labels for this post, I realised the branch die from the Marianne D. Flower and Branch set might make this little nest a bit more realistic, and maybe some little flowers in the grass as well.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Kate, this is the sweetest card ever! I love how you did that nest ... and those grasses? Please. And the patterned birds to make them like no other birds ever anywhere? Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! I love the bird die cuts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fun card Kate - the clouds look fantastic! I've got that die so I must give it a go....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card - love the clouds and nest! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!