Thursday 5 June 2014

18th Birthday card - not too girly


My son asked me to make a card for a female friend of his.  Apparently she is not very girly and he didn't want anything sugary and definitely not pink.  Also her boyfriend can get quite jealous so had to be careful with the sentiment as well !!!
I ended up making a background using various blue alcohol inks and a touch of pearl.  The Calligraphy panel from Clearly Impressed Writing set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo.  I normally use Archival Ink to overstamp these backgrounds, but I was pleasantly surprised how clearly the Memento stamps.  I made the mistake of stamping with Versafine once - it stamped beautifully but no amount of heat setting would do the trick and I ended up abandoning it.   


I was following Mojo Monday Sketch 348, but had to rotate it half way through as the Congrats die cut sentiment wouldn't fit.  I'm not quite happy with it but I don't have time to start again so hope he likes it.

Thanks for stopping by,
Kate

Ed. 
I increased the size of the flower as a quick fix.  I think it looks a little more balanced now and I'm a little happier with it !!!


1 comment:

  1. I agree, the change of flower does make a big difference (it was good before but now it's better). Lovely shade of blue. I'm sure she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!