Friday 11 July 2014

Late Note for the Teacher



 I made this Belated Birthday Card for my friend Michaela who just happens to be a teacher, so I thought I'd go with a notebook theme on this card.  I have also used DPs featuring travel paraphernalia as she loves to travel and a map of Italy as this is definitely one of her favourite destinations.

I put an order into Clearly Besotted on Tuesday afternoon and it arrived yesterday (Thursday) - that's what I call service.  Among the items I ordered was this lovely notebook edge die and this notebook page stamp.  I teamed it with this Just a Note sentiment from the WMS Funky Feathers set.

Inspiration for the layout came from Seize the Sketch #24.


I am also entering this in the current Make My Monday challenge to use Mail Art, as one of my DPs has a telegram on it !


Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend,
Kate


9 comments:

  1. What a great card! Love all your layers. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore what you did here! That map background with the notebook top panel -- I love the look! Thanks for joining in at STS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a wonderful card maker, kate! They speak your passion. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! Love the map background! Thanks for joining along with Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unusual card - nicely personal for your teacher friend - lovely travel theme.
    Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Marina DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab piece of work - thanks for playing along this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you combined the notebook style panel with the map patterned paper--looks great! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i love the map paper!!! Thanks for joining us on Seize the Sketch!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!