Saturday 15 November 2014

Box of Delights



I've made up a box of stamping goodies for Simon's friend Jess who's having her birthday tomorrow.  It was her idea not mine - though I'm always happy to advocate my favourite pastime.


I've upcycled a shoe box.  It was for a girl's pair of boots (courtesy of Simon's friend Niamh) so was already covered in a pretty pink paper.  I've created panels to hide all traces of the box's previous existence using a free stamp from Craft Stamper and WMS Splat That.    The colours are from the last Waltzing Mouse Fanatics Challenge and match the card I made for her earlier.

Using a set like this is not easy for a borderline OCD neat person like myself but once I surrendered to the freedom of mess I really enjoyed it.  Of course it does help that Claire has created a fabulous little set here.

There was a hole in the side of the box so I created a hole in the panel and used it to poke scraps of ribbon through - just what every budding card maker needs.

This may be a bit cheeky but I'm entering this in the November Pyjama Party Wrap it up Challenge.   It's not warm and cozy but I think the splattered background gives a certain comfy and cozy feel to it - like an old pair of dungarees LOL !!!


Once again thanks for stopping by,
Kate

6 comments:

  1. What a bright and fun place to keep card 'stuff' Kate! a lovely gift box - gotta love that splatter stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful box & a great present! Love passing on the addiction :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a box of fun! Love the bright colours and splatters - what a fabulous gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful gift, not only is the box of keepsake quality, but the trinkets inside would delight any crafty friend. Wonderfully done! Thanks for playing along with the PJ party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kate, I'm still working my way round he pj party, so I'll be back to 'officially' visit later, but I just saw your note regarding the dies sale tat you missed - pop me your email addy - send it to me on claire.brennan1@ntlworld.com and i will sort you out! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!