Tuesday 20 January 2015

Postcard from the Edge




I am so proud of myself - I bought some new craft things and I'm actually using them within a month.  Usually I just have to buy something because it looks really cool and then it languishes for months or even (I hate to admit) years before I actually get around to using it.  The wonderful Darnell  has made me acutely aware of this serious shortcoming in my character and that I'm not alone in this (phew!!!).

This is a card I made for my Aunt's 80th birthday.  The Marianne D Vintage bicycle was cut from silver glitter card.  It had a tendency to shed so I coated it with Glossy Accents which had the added benefit of making it a bit sturdier.  The Happy and Birthday are from Clearly Besotted.  I coated them in pink embossing powder and opalescent embossing powder so they really sparkled though sadly that's not obvious from the photo.

Of course the pièce de resistance is the postcard created from the exquisite WMS Vintage Postcards set.  I used the free cut files Claire provided to cut a fancy postcard shape using the Cameo.

Darnell has another NBUS challenge over on her blog, so I'm entering the card over there.  



Thanks for stopping by,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Katherine. Great embossed details - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Toledo and Akron, Kate, this is really, really pretty! I can just imagine all that glimmer and sparkle IRL. The floral wallpaper-like background and post card and bicycle make this one spectacular vintage card. Your aunt might get the vapors over it, it's so awesome! I hope you live close so you could see her face! Thank you so much for entering my NBUS Challenge #3! I'm very proud of you for using your new schtuff w/in a month! As you can see, you are most DEFINITELY not alone with having some of it unused for years!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!