Thursday 28 January 2016

Royal Mail


A friend of mine asked if I would make a photo card for her dad's 70th birthday.  I've given the photo  the royal treatment with this Fleur de Lys and Crown DP, and a Tim Holtz crown and framed with a glossily accented Spellbinders Postage Square.

The crown, "7" and "0" were triple embossed in gold and then UTEE'd.  Sometimes you get a cool reaction between the embossing powder and the UTEE - the UTEE separates the embossing powder and you get a marbled effect.  It didn't work with this embossing powder but I'll keep experimenting though.

I used the die cut negative of the crown as a stencil to decorate the envelope and inside of the card.

Thanks for stopping by, especially if you take the time to leave a comment.  They really make my day!
Kate

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I love your embossing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bold and stylish, Kate ... what a fabulous personalised card! Gorgeous gold touches ... love that you carried the design to the envelope! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!