Friday 3 March 2017

A little birdie told me


I made a few of these enamelled birds last night and made them up into cards this morning.  Four of the Memorybox birds were stacked together for support and then the shape was embossed multiple times with a yellow embossing powder and cleat UTEE and If you look really carefully you can see the highlights of gold which were added during the process.  I'm thinking of adding some tiny eggs to that branch (Spellbinders Cherry Blossoms) and making some of the cards into Easter cards.  The Memorybox Small Circle Burst makes a simple but effective backdrop for the bird.



The theme at Make My Monday Challenge #40 is Birds so I'll be entering this card there.


Cuttlebug Mania has the theme It's a Zoo Out There so I'll be entering there as well.


Addicted to Stamps Challenge #231 has an Anything Goes theme this week (yippee)


and Seize the Birthday also has an Anything Goes Birthday theme this week, so I'll be entering there too.

Edited:
I forgot to mention the little bird on the envelope (which is also on the inside of the card).  I created my own stamp by die cutting a bird from funky foam.  With a little water, it will stick to an acrylic block and you can stamp a matching image.  A neat trick isn't it!!!

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to stop by - especially if you leave some feedback.  I hope you're enjoying some sunshine in your part of the world,
Kate

6 comments:

  1. Wow that enamel bird is so fun. I think adding eggs would really send it over the top. Thanks for joining us for our challenge at MMM.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at the Make My Monday challenge. All the best. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh this card is wonderful. So much creativity and work. Great idea for an Easter card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your enamel birds and that fabulous circular die! What a tremendous card! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday! Hope you will be back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bird is fantastic, Kate. I have to try that technique. The branch and the circle burst pull it all together in such a lovely way. I'm so glad you shared your card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card. Love your enamel bird and the colour - so bright and cheery

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!